We will conduct business in a manner that protects the health and safety of our employees, contractors and visitors. We seek continual improvement in our occupational health and safety (OH&S) management practices and performance by setting, reviewing and updating OH&S goals and through close cooperation between management, employees and unions, where applicable.
We will strive to ensure safe working conditions, equipment and work sites. We will continue to promote employee involvement and accountability in identifying, preventing and eliminating hazards and the risks of injury.
We are committed to:
- Incorporating OH&S considerations into all aspects of our management practices;
- Managing operations to meet all applicable OH&S laws and regulations and company policies;
- Identifying and assessing potential injury risks and implementing appropriate measures to eliminate or control those risks;
- Establishing, communicating and enforcing, through employee involvement and intervention, work site-specific rules and safe work methods;
- Promoting and developing safe behaviors, awareness, leadership and accountability of our employees in health and safety through their involvement in continual improvement processes;
- Measuring our health and safety performance in accordance with established standards, and communicating the results to our employees;
- Conducting independent OH&S audits to confirm that our management practices meet policy objectives, legislation and the principles of sound management; and reporting to the Board of Directors on the OH&S status of our operations.
Our employees share in this responsibility, and we all are accountable for the successful implementation of this policy. Local management is empowered to curtail operations, as necessary, to prevent serious adverse impacts on health and safety, and all employees have the right not to perform any task that is sincerely believed to be unsafe and to intervene so as to prevent others from performing any task that might jeopardize their safety or the safety of others. There will be no discrimination or retaliation for exercising any rights in this policy.