We will conduct business in a manner that conserves resources and minimizes our environmental footprint. We seek continual improvement in our environmental performance by setting, reviewing and updating environmental goals.
Our employees share in this responsibility and are accountable for the successful implementation of this policy. Local management is empowered to curtail operations, as necessary, to prevent serious environmental impacts.
We are committed to:
- Managing operations to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and other requirements to which we subscribe, with emphasis on pollution prevention, and minimizing adverse environmental impacts;
- Identifying and evaluating potential environmental risks and implementing appropriate measures to eliminate or control those risks;
- Developing and implementing measures to ensure sustainable use of materials, resources and energy;
- Promoting and developing awareness, leadership and account-ability with respect to environmental protection among all our employees and persons working for us or on our behalf;
- Communicating with our employees, customers, suppliers, the communities in which we operate and public officials to build greater mutual understanding of environmental issues;
- Participating in the development of governmental environment policies based on sound science and sustainability principles;
- Supporting research aimed at improving process efficiency and environmental protection measures and applying such knowl-edge to our product stewardship;
- Conducting independent environmental audits to confirm that our management practices meet policy objectives, legislation and the principles of sound management; and
- Reporting to the Board of Directors on the environmental risks, opportunities, and status of our operations.
Last reviewed: July 2016