Promoting education and emphasizing literacy is part of Domtar’s commitment to support the sustainable development of our communities. Through Domtar’s Powerful Pages initiative, we are proud to engage with organizations and schools across North America to share the gift of reading and to help equip students for learning.
Highlights of the program include:
- A partnership with First Book that supplies books to kids in need in the U.S. and Canada
- The establishment of Carson Reading Rooms with Carson Scholar’s Fund in 11 Domtar communities; Addison, IL, Ashdown, AR, Bennettsville, SC, Brownsville, TN, Charlotte, NC, Dallas, TX, Johnsonburg, PA, Kingsport, TN, Owensboro, KY, Plymouth, NC and Rock Hill, SC
- The support of Classroom Central, who provide school supplies to underprivileged students
- The development of reading programs in local Domtar communities to challenge and reward students for meeting their reading goals
- The promotion of the Forest Academy learning website to share information about trees and forest ecology
Together, Domtar and our partners are transforming the lives of children across North America by providing the critical educational materials they need to read, learn and succeed.